SJCA seniors gearing up for college athletics

Schuler, McGuire, Pable and Patrick to play at next level

Maddie Leinenweber

The SJCA senior class is sending off several students to continue their athletic careers at universities spanning from close to home to way out East in sports including volleyball, baseball, track and field, and football. 

The class of 2021 is in its final semester of high school, and it is nearing decision time. For some students, their decisions get made on an academic level. But for students Tori Schuler, Frankie McGuire, Ben Pable, and Cole Patrick, they have another component to consider–athletics. 

Tori Schuler is excited to announce that she will be attending and playing volleyball for Millikin University in Decatur, Ill. Tori has been a member of various volleyball programs throughout her life. She has always been a threat on the court and says that she is “looking forward to joining a team of girls that play at a higher caliber.” After an outstanding high school career spent breaking various records and being named MVP two years in a row, Tori “can not wait to join her new team.”

Frankie McGuire plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse and play baseball. Frankie “feels good” about his decision. He is “excited” and says that he has “played baseball (his) whole life,” and feels rewarded to continue. Frankie has always been a natural athlete and is ready to take his talents to the collegiate level.

Cole Patrick was an excellent addition to the football team when he transferred to SJCA his junior year. He claims that “somebody gotta be great” and is inspired to continue his football career at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. Cole is prepared to take his place on the field come fall. 

Ben Pable has been offered a spot on the Dartmouth College track and field team for his throwing skills. Although he is not yet committed to Dartmouth College next fall, he says that he will “probably” attend and throw for the school. 

Along with their sport, Tori is going into Pre-dentistry, Frankie will study Business, Cole will study Kinesiology, and Ben is going into Pre Med. 

SJCA will be sad to see these excellent students part, but it will be very interesting to see where life takes these young athletes. 

Do you know of any other seniors that plan to participate in college athletics? Contact Maddie Leinenweber or Mr. Van Lannen and we’ll include you in a future update.