ChristmasFest a first

Gifts to be collected for more than 400 children

Back to Article
Back to Article

ChristmasFest a first

Alex Daher, feature reporter

Saint Joseph Catholic Academy welcomes Santa and his elf helpers during the first annual Christmas Fest to be held Dec. 7-8. In years past, SJCA has held similar events but this is the first time the entire community is invited to come and share in the Christmas spirit. Games, music, food and drink, a  live nativity scene, story telling, and ornament and cookie decorating can be expected. 

ChristmasFest is a new and exciting two-day event slated to take place in the SJCA front lobby. The first day of this magical event, Saturday, begins with the traditional Santa visits for children throughout the Kenosha community. On Sunday, from 9-12, families can come and experience the joy of Christmas together. The tree lighting is set for 11:30 a.m., and it’s $5 for breakfast only and $10 for breakfast and activities. 

Last year, SJCA hosted more than 600 people at this event and gifts were given to more than 400 children. SJCA families are asked to consider bringing in gifts for the less fortunate. Gifts can be brought to the main lobby or office beginning on Mon., Nov. 18 through the first week of December. Items should not be wrapped because high school student council members sort them according to age. 

Many SJCA high school students are participating in this holiday event and are committed and excited to give back to the community all while experiencing the joy of this special time of year. Working as an elf, senior Stella Harringtion stated, “I am so excited to see the impact we are going to have on these kids.” 

By partaking in the Christmas spirit, the St Joseph Catholic Academy community can feel God’s presence in their lives. In giving all that they can to those in need, SJCA families experience and feel the magic of the holidays while reveling in the true meaning of Christmas. For some of the children, this will be their only celebration of the season, so many at SJCA will do everything in their power to make the day as magical for them as possible.