A Rolling Start

Volleyball 3-0 in conference.

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Rolling Start

Stella Harrington, Reporter

The varsity Lady Lancers volleyball team is enjoying a terrific 2019 fall season, standing third in conference play as of Oct 3. 

Junior, Tori Schuler, is leading player stats with 55 kills. Close behind her is Burlington Catholic Central’s top player with 41 kills. 

The Lady Lancers have dominated their opponents: Racine St. Catherine’s, Martin Luther, the Prairie school, and most recently Racine Lutheran. The Lancers swept through winning each game 3-0. The Lancers traveled to St. Thomas Moore on September 19, sadly they were defeated 3-1.Ellie Schuler (sophomore) is leading the team with the most assists, 81, setting up her teammates for amazing hits every time. 

This year’s team is led by team captain Tori Schuler and senior Marlena Moore. Rounding out the starting unit are the Shulers, Alia, Moore, Shea Paxton, and Sydney Antonneau. The Lancers’ top preserves are sophomore Martina Harrington, juniors Savannah and Madison Reed, sophomore Sarah Ryan, seniors Gabby Schneider, Josephine Knight and Amy Walther.

Senior Elizabeth Alia is extremely confident in the team’s ability to contend for a conference title. “The energy at the last home game really brought up the team spirit and gave us a sense of hope for the rest of the season; being such a small school, when you are on a school sport and actively involved your teammates truly become your family members on and off the court allowing us to work together and become stronger as one,” said Alia. 

With a recent victory on October 1, fans are hoping for more of the same at their next game (away at Domincan high school on October 3, 2019 at 6:30).