FORE! Golf season underway

Back to Article
Back to Article

FORE! Golf season underway

Bencs, Austin

Bencs, Austin

Bencs, Austin

by Austin Bencs

FORE! Heads up. The 2019 SJCA golf team is all set to tee it up. 

Another great season of kids getting out on the course and playing their sport and having fun is par for the course here at SJCA. One can really feel the positive energy emanating from the players this year. When asked what their expectations were for this golf season, Bella Hart gave her insight on what to expect from her and the rest of the team.

Hart said, “I expect the team to progress and stay competitive with other teams in the conference. Nothing stands in our way this year from that state title!”

The golf team this season has all grade levels incorporated into this high school team. There are seven players total on the team with three sophomores, two juniors, and two freshman.

The players are ready to shake things up this season. New coach Craig Delost is hoping to bring some great ideas and individual and team titles to St. Joseph this 2019 golf season.

Team captain Timothy Evans has high expectations for the upcoming season. “As a team, we are hoping to make it to sectionals or even farther this year. Having a new coach and team captain, we hope to accomplish great things this season,” said Evans. 

The positivity of the captains and coaches is spreading to the players and this could really help the players this season bring home the title. The Lancer golf team is a great display of commitment which is a important Lancer value that all student-athletes must display.

Bencs, Austin