What do students like best about Thanksgiving?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nick Harron, reporter

With the holiday season coming up around the corner, it is easy for people to forget about Thanksgiving. People get too excited about Christmas, and they brush over our beloved, food-filled, November holiday. So what is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Here’s what some of the St. Joe’s high school students had to say on the matter.

Football is a Thanksgiving staple, which is why John Laken said that this was his favorite part of the holiday. Per tradition, the Lions are hosting the Vikings and the Cowboys are hosting the Redskins. “Turning on the TV and watching football is great. It’s a great pass time and a great tradition,” said Laken. 

What happens after the football games are over, as it’s getting dark out, and the kitchen smells irresistible? Dinner of course! Joelle Tarczewski said that she enjoys dinner more than anything. “It’s a great opportunity to sit down with your family and eat some great food,” she said.

Dinner is finished, and you’re looking for a delicious treat, and you see a whole array of desserts waiting to be eaten. “You can’t beat the pies and the cookies after dinner. Definitely the best part,” said Aiden Moore. 

After Thanksgiving is over, you get a great night’s sleep to digest all of the food you ate the night before. Some students may like shopping on Black Friday but Pierce Wenta has different after-Thanksgiving plans. Wenda said, “The best part about Thanksgiving is when it’s over and we get to put up the Christmas stuff.” 

There’s a look into what some of the St. Joe’s students love about Thanksgiving. Have a happy Thanksgiving from the St. Joe’s Challenger team!